I am a dedicated list maker. I like a sense of organization in my life. I think I inherited this trait from my dad. It certainly wasn’t my mom, as anyone who knew her will attest. We lived on a farm. I was the oldest of four. Mom’s life centered around my dad and the four of us, but organization had nothing to do with that. But that’s a story for another day.
Here is my list:
- Spend at least five minutes being quiet, alone, with yourself.
- Smile. Practice when you are along if you need to.
- Say “Yes” more than “No.”
- Drink water. With lemon or lime is nice.
- Really listen to music, as opposed to having it in the background.
- Be a courteous, mindful driver.
- Eat something delicious and savor the taste. Good chocolate, a piece of fruit, a homemade cookie, a cup of good soup.
- Notice color.
- Throw out clutter — from your house, your office, your purse or your car.
- Read something that makes you think.
Wishing a happy and joyous, productive and fun, 2018 to everyone!
Photo below is my mom and dad in 1945.