A simple box of mementos, hidden in a farmhouse in Wales for nearly seventy years, is enough to set Nara Blake on a search for the truth about her great-grandparents, and to put her own life in danger. As she begins to learn the truth, two members of a family who lost everything in World War II blame Nara and her family for their lost wealth, which includes a priceless Cézanne painting. The two families are put on a collision course that can only end in the destruction of long-held beliefs, and ultimately one must pay the price for the losses of the past.
Buy Lydia’s Story
About Lydia’s Story
“I highly recommend this book
author of the Jenny Connors
“A truly memorable read”
Book Club Questions
- Why do Nara and her father travel to Wales?
- Why are Paul and Lisette in London? What is their relationship?
- What was Lydia’s original job with the French Resistance?
- What was Lydia’s relationship with her parents?
- How would you describe the relationship between Lydia and Allan?
- What do Paul and Lisette want from Nara?
- How did Lisette react to Paul’s arrest?
- What happens to the Cezanne at the end of the book? Did the Blake family make the right decision?
The Gate House
Jewels in Time
Hotel Saint Clare
Follow My Blog
Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.