The Gate House
The old gate house where Nara Blake and her father lived in the English Midlands was cold and filled with secrets. Although Nara’s aunt insisted the building held nothing more than useless trinkets and cheap copies of nineteenth century artwork, someone had attempted to break in, until Nara caught them in the act. As the net of British law began to close in on the art thieves, Nara found herself and her family caught in the net. And the new man to whom she has opened her heart, is helping the police to close in on them.
Scroll to bottom for book club questions.
Buy The Gate House
About The Gate House
“I loved this book”
It’s set in a bed and breakfast in Lincolnshire, England, with wonderful attention to detail, especially the artifacts and architecture of the old church. I won’t spoil the fun by saying too much about the plot, but I will say that it’s interesting, with an emphasis on figuring out what’s happening instead of relying on violent acts to keep things moving along. The characters are well-developed and believable. Nara, especially, will steal your heart.
author of the Jenny Connors
“More than thrilling”
This story centers around a railway Gate House used in the trafficking of antiques and works of art stolen from tiny country churches through to Lincoln Cathedral itself. We are given some fascinating glimpses of the Cathedral’s behind-the scenes interior as Nara and her father – visitors to the UK from the Caribbean – become enmeshed in the robberies. The finale, again set within the Cathedral, is more than thrilling enough to keep the reader on the edge of their seat.
author of The Back of Beyond
The Gate House
Book Club Questions
- How does Nara’s past come back to haunt her in The Gate House?
- How does Nara feel when Davis shows up in Springfield?
- How can the buildings, the Gate House and Lincoln Cathedral, be considered characters in the story?
- How does Nara grow, and grow up, throughout the book?
- Compare Alex and Davis, Nara’s current and former loves. Did Davis change? How has Nara changed since she was with him on Saint Clare?
- Describe Nara’s friend Micki. How do they support each other in their friendship?
- How do you think Nara’s life will change after the end of the events in the book?
Jewels in Time
Hotel Saint Clare
Follow My Blog
Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.