In this fourth book in Kathleen Heady’s series featuring Nara Blake, the story takes us to a small Spanish town in the Pyrenees, where Nara and her now husband Alex Collier travel to retrieve several notebooks that belonged to a British artist who died there during the Spanish Civil War. Nara and Alex have plans to meet the parish priest, who has possession of the notebooks, in the church during siesta. When they arrive at the church, they find that he has been killed by a vicious blow to the head. They soon learn there is a history of crime in the town going back many decades. But as they are caught up in the criminal investigation, they also learn of the strong ties of family and friendship that exist, even extending to Nara’s own family.
“This book is awesome”
“More than thrilling”
Book Club Questions
- How does Nara’s past come back to haunt her in The Gate House?
- How does Nara feel when Davis shows up in Springfield?
- How can the buildings, the Gate House and Lincoln Cathedral, be considered characters in the story?
- How does Nara grow, and grow up, throughout the book?
- Compare Alex and Davis, Nara’s current and former loves. Did Davis change? How has Nara changed since she was with him on Saint Clare?
- Describe Nara’s friend Micki. How do they support each other in their friendship?
- How do you think Nara’s life will change after the end of the events in the book?
Jewels in Time
Hotel Saint Clare
The Gate House
Follow My Blog
Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.